TOTAL PAGE VIEWS

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Day 18 February 18, 2014

Today is day 18 of 'Eating in the Raw...but not anymore'.
I have just returned from four days in Vermont...worlds easiest place to be vegan!  I however, am no longer Vegan...that's right, meat has crossed my lips...a collective cry from Vegans everywhere hoping they had a convert among them.  I am sorry to disappoint.  I used it as a condiment to my main meal of the day...it was not the featured item...I did not inhale.

 I was dinning in the home of relatives, and I had not informed them of my dietary situation...so, one
thing lead to another, and there I was eating meat...and it was really good.  I'm not sure how I feel about eating meat, I don't plan to consume it like I did in the past, but I'm still figuring it out.  I will strongly remain free of the Bovine Breast Milk though.  I feel clearer and just generally better staying off dairy.

Finding what is Right for me is my primary focus on this journey.  What is right for one does not mean it is right for all.  I need to be responsible for my health and how I feel, both physically and emotionally.  My goal is less about meat or no meat, it is about how food makes me feel.  Is it nourishing me, giving me strength, energy, and satisfaction.  I want to eat a mostly plant based diet, not because of ethical reasons, but because I feel better when eating that way.  So perhaps I am a failed Vegan or Vegetarian, but I will continue to live like one for the most part even if I no longer qualify to use the title.

Diet is not the only factor in my health that needs my attention.  Taking care of ones body requires more then food alone.  It requires a mind/body connection.  We all have ways of meeting this need, I personally am very fortunate to know some incredible people that help me with this.  A dear friend/healer drove 3.5 hours to visit me in Vermont to do Reiki with me.  I am a student of hers, and have completed the the first level of Reiki training, and I am working on the second level.  This wonderful woman traveled all that way at exactly the time I needed her help the most.  Energy sharing is nothing less then magical.  I am left feeling renewed, realigned, focused and awash in positive energy.

This lovely person (Lucia Camara), had offered to come here to Niagara to teach a level one Reiki course last fall.  Unfortunately, this was when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer...which put a hold on everything for a while.  When visiting with her this weekend, she offered to come here again.  It would be my pleasure to host her here.  If anyone is interested in this, please leave me a message.  I'm thinking the end of March or early April if we can find a date that works.  There will only be 10 spaces available (5 people on one day, 5 people on the next day).  The course is 6 to 8 hours long, and the primary focus is on self care (who doesn't need some of that?).  The cost is very reasonable, I will provide more details to those interested.

This method of energy care and healing has become a valuable form of self care for me and my family.  I recommend it to anyone...I was the Biggest sceptic at the start...but not anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment