TOTAL PAGE VIEWS

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day 12 February 12, 2014

Today is day 12 of 'Eating in the Raw...or not'.
I have thrown in the towel...I have given up on my 'raw only' way of eating.  I am just too dam cold.  I have given it my best for 10 days, but enough is enough.  When a juice cleanse seems more appealing then eating raw...it is time to reassess.  I have been cold the whole time I've been eating this way.  Adding spicy peppers has not helped.  I am convinced that it is the time of year that is making this impossibly difficult for me.  In the spring and summer...no problem.

Last night is when I finally gave in.  I was wearing two sweaters and boots as I went to prepare dinner.  Trying to figure out what to eat that was cold of at best room temperature had become a chore.  I cut up some beets, carrots, onions, garlic sprinkled with a little olive oil, and fired them into the oven.  I then made brown rice and green lentils, and a version of a dragon sauce.  I put everything into a bowl, poured the sauce over and tucked in.  It was the best thing I have ever eaten in my life!!  Or a least it seemed that way at the time.  My sons ate the same thing, and loved it.  One meal...for all of us...what a treat!

So here is the new and improved plan...vegan, yes...raw vegan...not all the time.  Listening to my body, and what it needs, has always been a challenge for me.  I become so strict with myself that I become deaf to my needs.  Or I just blindly and mindlessly eat whatever is available.  I finally heard my body asking for warmth...it was the right thing to do for me.  I am allowing flexibility as well as sensibility to direct me.  No hard and fast rules...just a conscious attitude.

For me, food needs to be a pleasure and a gift.  It cannot be attached to restriction or severely defined rules.  That was fine during the juice cleanse...the cleanse was not a way of life...it was a temporary measure, used to heal me...which I believe it did.  Now the real world way of eating is where I must find my feet.  Yes, I want to experience a lot of raw, but I also want to experience comfort, warmth and gratitude for what I eat.  My search for balance begins...

THE ABUNDANCE BOWL

6 comments:

  1. That bowl looks awesome, and super healthy as well. Good for you to listen to your body - with temperatures hovering in the -25c range you need to nuture yourself with warmth - loved ones and that lovely meal. You are on a great mission of discovery and I applaud your resilence and flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By listening to your body you are doing the best you can! Way to go Leeann xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired a lot of people, including myself:) Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On day 42 of my juice cleanse, I am preparing to end this extreme measures. I am pleased I reclaimed my health and I am motivated to eat well. I too need some warm food. I'll see what tomorrow brings when I get on the scale for the first time in three weeks. I know the news will be good. Way to go for all you have accomplished and continue to accomplish. Balanced eating is the key. I know it is time to end my cleanse because this week has been the hardest. I am craving EVERYTHING! Again, blessings on your sweet head and heart for accompanying me on this tremendous journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been my pleasure Muriel, couldn't have done it without you :)

      Delete