TOTAL PAGE VIEWS

Wednesday 2 April 2014

April 2, 2014

Hellooooo? Anyone out there?  I thought it was about time I come in here and face the music.  I'm back from my three weeks in Mexico... :(.  I mentioned in my last blog, the fears I had going into this vacation...they were founded in reality.  I suck at self control...I really do.  For the first half of my trip, I was eating well and drinking very little...the second half, not so much.  Don Julio and I got back together for a torrid holiday romance...but we have since ended it.  How could we resist one another at 30 pesos a shot??  Honestly though, I wasn't nearly as bad as I have been in the past.  I feel rested and rejuvenated, I only gained 4 lbs, and no sunburn.  I'm disappointed that I slipped up at all, but wtf, I'm only a beautifully flawed human being :). A work in progress....for the rest of eternity.

I met up with my sister the other night and asked her for help in rediscovering my motivation.  She is still going strong...no three weeks of tequila and sun for her.  She told me I needed to listen to the voice inside my head that sabotages me, and believe that I am stronger then it.  I've spent sometime doing just that.  Being unhealthy is simply not an option for me...period.  Whatever it is that I'm dragging around as baggage that sabotages my efforts needs to be hauled out, dealt with, and shut down....great, more work to do.

Long and short of it...I'm back on a juice cleanse.  Today is the end of day one.  No headache, no discomfort, no problems...I have been staying away from dairy, and have allowed myself only one cup of black coffee a day since February, so I guess I'm luckily not going to suffer caffeine withdrawal.  Spring seems like such a good time to do this...much better then January!  I'm heading to my sisters for the weekend...we are going to juice together, and I will renew my intention...with her help of course.


Good bye old friend :(


Good bye new friend :(


2 comments:

  1. greetings! Have you been able to stay on your new resolve? it has been 7 days...what are your challenges now?
    I truly enjoyed your blog and your suggestions. I followed up on a lot of them. I juice a couple of times a day when I am not working. I have lost 25 pounds according to my scales as of last week. I hope you are continuing to renew your intentions.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might miss your new friend too!!

    ReplyDelete